222 Things To Do in 2022
I've been writing this list for seven (!) years now & every year, it has come to mean something different for me. It's been a hard few years for the entire world, and I've had plenty of hardships and struggles. Say what you want about resolutions or New Years' Eve shenanigans; there's something to be said about the excitement and hope that comes with a new year. Being able to start over is a refreshing thought. Even if we don't stick to our "new" self, we become so much more aware, even if only for a brief moment. & that is something to be excited about.
Maybe we can't stick to our resolutions, or we don't want to "start over" just because the calendar changed numbers. However, if we continuously learn, try, create, and experience new things, we allow ourselves the chance to grow & find ourselves. I try not to repeat any items so from previous years so that this list will always be "new" each year (some items are similar to previous years but with a twist or update for the year). I've always wanted my list to be filled with things that people worldwide can attempt to cross off no matter their financial situation, location, beliefs, gender, age, or preferences. I hope this list brings you hope, excitement, and encouragement going into 2022. It's been a rough few years, but we've made it this far, we are stronger than we could ever imagine, and it's time to embrace the roaring twenties all over again!
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling '22!
So, without further ado,
here is my annual list of
"222 Things To Do in 2022!"
1. Through actual research instead of social media articles
2. All about a religion that your religion “despises” (For perspective & acceptance of others!)
3. About accessibility needs when it comes to those with disabilities & how we can cater to ease their struggles
5. All about your carbon footprint & how to reduce it (it truly can start with us!)
6. To cook retro foods!
8. To make chocolate from scratch
9. To not online shop/scroll when you have time on your hands
10. All about electric cars - even if you don’t have one!
11. How to do a flag stand
13. About the 432bc Athens plague (Because if reassures that plagues/disease has been impacting the world for literally ever!)
14. To write with your non-dominant hand
15. To do a handstand
16. Foreign greetings in multiple languages
17. How to tell engaging stories
18. To peel an orange in the perfect spiral for cocktails!
19. The alphabet backwards
20. How to safely install/wire a ceiling fixture
21. Basic plumbing skills
22. Shoe shining
23. Screenplay writing
24. The art of seduction
25. To tell temps in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
26. How to fix a candle with a buried wick
28. About longevity
30. To read the room
31. Book restoration
32. Fashion drawing
33. All about the prison systems in your country - and what can be done to better our society/prisons
34. Aquarium upkeep
35. Your partner/friends/family members love language
36. About muralist art
37. To sleep with the door closed (For safety & less noise pollution!)
38. Writing improvement through the Purdue Online Writing Lab
39. Basic data science skills
40. Decision making
41. Video marketing
42. How to quickly fill skill gaps because technology is rapidly increasing & keeping up is difficult!
43. To dress in ways that flatter your body figure
44. Drawing objects/figures you enjoy
45. To speak well about yourself, partner, and those you spend your time around
46. How to put your needs first for once
47. The ingredients in the foods/drinks you consume on a daily basis
48. That the way many societies view education is skewed, you can become a lover of academia anytime in your life and it’s never too late to start!
49. Day trading basics
50. To find clarity
51. To ask someone to explain a joke or anything they say that’s offensive - because this is a much better response than laughing/going along with it uneasily
52. To only shop for unnecessary items on sale - even if you have the money!
53. How to formally set a table
55. How to write a business proposal
56. Using the “Think Dirty” app to buy healthy products
57. Reducing your fast fashion intake by only buying second-hand items for 60 days (or the whole year!)
58. Deleting the Amazon App from your phone to reduce splurge spending & to encourage shopping local
59. Building a giant LEGO sculpture
60. Book swapping with friends
61. A sport you would never consider getting into
62. Yuzu citrus
63. Cutting out excess sugar in-take for a few weeks!
64. Cereal beer (It’s the new beer craze!)
65. Brand loyalty for at least 60 days! (Sounds bizarre- I know! However, this means getting to know/love the products you use and supporting businesses you value)
66. Going a week all-natural (No makeup, no hair straighteners, no chemicals, etc)
67. Flying a drone
68. Meeting with a financial advisor to get ideas & in put in what you can do with your money (Even if you think you don’t have enough!)
69. Doing a one-arm chin-up
70. Not over sharing in situations you normally would
71. Voice lessons
72. Stand up comedy
73. Disc golf
74. Taking public transit when you normally wouldn’t
75. Mixing your favorite songs with apps like Pacemaker or Djay
76. Sleep tracking
77. The “Dooinwell” app where you can look after older adults
78. Keeping up with news in other countries
79. The Noonlight app to help others & yourself stay safe
80. A restaurant in your town that you have always ruled out
81. The Kiva lending app
82. Reconnecting with an old friend
83. Winning a contest in your community
84. Dressing up when you would normally throw on jeans
85. Blurring out your home on Google street view for safety precautions
86. Singing out loud more
87. Purchasing products from other cultures
88. Escargot, oysters, caviar, etc
89. Taking more time to study your interests
90. Throwing out any old medicine, makeup, and expired products you have
91. Selling photos you’ve taken online (Such as stock images!)
92. Minimizing the amount of water you use on a daily basis (For example, turning the sink off while you brush your teeth)
93. Removing the news/trending story widget from your phone so you don’t have to constantly feel bombarded with bad news
94. A LinkedIn class
95. Changing phones - to see if there’s a different brand that better fits your needs
96. Starting your own research project on a topic you’re interested in
97. Finding Facebook groups that make you happy for when you’re browsing social media (Dog groups, decorating, video games, whatever!)
98. Hydro-dipping art
99. Fostering a pet to give back & possibly find a new fur-ever friend!
100. Purchasing stocks on apps like Robinhood instead of purchasing products
101. Your own TikTok challenge
102. Learning a subject you *think* you’re not good at
103. Teaching the above subject to someone else (& proving you’re actually a bit good at it!)
104. Making smoked drinks/snacks with a smoking cloche
105. Making your own drunk history video
106. Japanese whiskey
107. Colorstreet nails
108. Unique eyeliner designs
109. Writing to your congressmen about concerns/ideas you have
110. Writing An Op-Ed & sending it to local newspapers
111. A playlist of your favorite 2021 songs
112. A pandemic diary/recollection for future generations to read
113. Dollar store craft projects
114. A photo album of 2021
115. An Airbnb experience in your town
116. A nostalgia box (Filled with childhood items, stories, etc!)
117. A guest closet/area in your home that has anything a guest might need (medicine, tooth brush, phone charger, extra robe, etc)
118. Bird feeders for your patio/yard
119. A hotel key collection
120. A self-analysis essay
121. Magnets out of photos you’ve taken
122. A social media account where you ONLY follow accounts that make you happy, laugh, or inspired
123. An account with SLOWLY - where you can write letters to people around the world
124. A fundraiser for something you care about
125. Your own sports league in your area
126. Your own jewelry
127. A finger painting
128. A daily video diary with the “One Second Everyday” app
129. An extensive Funko Pop collection
130. Playlists made by all your close friends/family of their favorite songs
131. A list of what you’re thankful for each month
132. A USB filled with info/facts by downloading Wikipedia!
133. A really strong, fun, & NEW friend group!
134. An emergency kit with solar-powered resources
135. Playlists of music that always makes you happy
136. Saved photos, voice, & video records on an old smartphone that you can easily scroll through down memory lane
137. Your own Gin!
138. A word of the year to live by
139. A classic book collection
140. A home filled with reusable products
141. Gift baskets for family/friends
142. Resin crafts
143. Holiday wreaths for those in your life
144. Digital paper goods to sell on Etsy, Fiver, etc
145. A diverse cryptocurrency portfolio
146. Meal plans for each week
147. A zen area in your home
148. Emergency kits for your home/car
149. A savings account/fund specifically to use for investments down the road
150. A signature hairstyle
151. More freezer space at your home so you can freeze & save more while also limiting your food waste!
152. A journal swap with friends (Where you share stories, ideas, etc in each other’s journals)
153. Holiday ornaments stamped with your pet’s paw print
154. A skin regimen based on your skin type
155. A space you can work at during the day with more sunlight
156. Realistic goals for each day/week/month
157. Sidewalk art using chalk!
158. Cascarones (confetti eggs!)
159. A custom snowglobe
160. A mood tracker notebook
161. A mural in your home (either on a wall or a big canvas/wood panel!)
162. A wine cork or beer/bottle cap collection
163. Homemade sauces for cooking
164. Art/designs with a 3D Pen
165. A shelf or designated place in your home for family heirlooms
166. Virtual dressing with DressX
167. Deleting any apps that track you & changing your phone settings to be more private
168. The “Be my Eyes” app
169. Throwing monthly dinner parties with friends at each of your homes
170. Donating anything you bought in excess during the pandemic
171. A night with your lover or friends by a bonfire
172. Going to a career fair - even if you’re not looking! It’s nice to gain connections/perspective
173. Going mudding (Even if you’re not in the south!)
174. A Renaissance festival in your area
175. A nice day outside relaxing in a hammock
176. Perusing/photographing graffiti art in your city
178. Completing a super large jigsaw
179. Leaving nice comments on your Ring doorbell/neighbors apps!
180. Hosting more parties
181. Taking a super spontaneous vacation
182. Fostering for a local animal shelter
183. Not “Going live” at times you would and living in the moment
184. Getting professional photos done with your partner/family/friends/pets!
185. Taking a care basket (soup, meds, books) to a friend when you find out they are sick
186. Someone complimenting your outfit
187. Discovering a new favorite artist
188. Staying up to see the sunrise
189. Dinner by candlelight
190. Finding your funny bone
191. Unbecoming the parts of you that feel foreign. For example, un-baptising yourself
if you’re no longer religious or mentally cutting ties with toxic family members.
192. Taking a mental health day
194. Cooking with a friend or family member
195. Hosting a “Nerd Nite 5 Minute Frenzy” (Where everyone attending shares their expertise on a topic of their choosing for 5 mins!)
196. Eating a messy meal without utensils & not feeling bad at all for getting it all over!
197. Completing a 30 Day Cooking Challenge
199. Signing petitions for causes you care about on Change.org
200. Riding every ride/rollercoaster an amusement park near you
201. Voting for someone who truly needs your vote
202. A moment you are fully present/immersed in
203. Cooking to perfection a “famous” family recipe
204. Being pleasantly surprised by your 2022 Spotify wrapped
205. Surprising your friends/loved ones more with either gifts, visits, or nice gestures
206. Buying art for your home that depicts other cultures & ethnicities besides your own
207. Off the grid living
208. Finding your signature dish in the kitchen
209. Tableside guacamole
210. Other cultural traditions
211. Being a better conversationalist
212. A dinner that lasts for hours
213. Practicing something you used to be really good at
214. Surprising yourself
215. Setting yourself up now to have an easier 2023
216. Gifting a really amazing gift to a loved one/friend
217. A night out on the town that you'll always remember
218. Volunteering somewhere out of your comfort zone
219. Going to a local or traveling circus performance
220. Actually keeping up with a resolution, planner, or new hobby past January!
221. Reading a book that makes you fall in love with reading again
222. The peace with knowing 2022 is only one year & you have many years to come- this is just one chapter in your book, and if you haven't done something yet, it doesn't mean you won't!
Read Previous Lists Below! ⤵
1/1/2022 12:29:23 pm
I look for your list every January and enjoy coming up with things to do and learn every year.
1/2/2022 01:46:21 pm
Thank you for continuing to create this list. I look forward to it every year.
9/26/2022 02:37:56 am
In numerology, numbers like 222 angel number meaning are a repetitive sequence of three or four numbers that appear in seemingly random places in your life to convey a spiritual or divine message. For instance, if you always seem to catch the clock at 5:55 p.m., or you always seem to be behind a license plate with 222 in it, that might be your angel number.
11/14/2022 09:49:54 am
Information per cost center reveal professor short. Certainly company form life. Now still citizen former election interesting. Close difficult leg according.
Leave a Reply.
PREVIOUS NEW YORKER
WRITER + BLOGGER
NOT AN INFLUENCER
THE MACEY LYNN
Disclosure: TheMaceyLynn is part of an affiliate advertising program. If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site (or any related social media platforms) I may make a commission from that purchase. All opinions are my own. Photographs taken are my own work.
TheMaceyLynn is a Chicago based lifestyle, fashion, and travel blog developed to inspire.