January is an interesting month for me- & I think all of us! It's filled with goal-setting, motivation, & the opportunity to recreate ourselves. It's also one of the coldest months (I live in Chicago so the struggle is SO real!) and many times it's a bit depressing to leave the magic of the holidays and to be stuck in this deep cold with short days and long nights =/
So how do we manifest into this new person without falling back into our normal routine as winter rages on? I think you just have to take it one day at a time! So I made a list- of 31 things to do in January 2018. & I will continue to have a new list out each month - with things based off of the season & activities. Maybe you just do some of the list, maybe you do all of it! Regardless, just checking a few things off will help you break out of your normal routine & try new things!
So here's to 2018! May we embrace the new year & each day that comes with it! Happy New Year - let's do this 2018!
1. Go sledding / skiing / snow tubing
2. Make mittens out of old sweaters (or learn to knit your own!)
3. Pick up 1-2 new books to read this month
4. Host a hot chocolate + game night for your friends
5. See a band/musician you love in concert
6. Make a photo album of 2017
7. Take a social media break
8. Delete Snapchat from your phone (for at least this month!)
9. Donate old blankets to a local homeless or pet shelter - they can really use them this time of year!
10. Do a polar plunge
11. Attempt to start a 100 day yoga challenge
12. Get a jump start on spring cleaning!
13. Enjoy the Christmas activities that were super crowded before the Holidays (i.e. Zoo Lights, Ice Skating, etc)
14. Make a playlist of your fav 2017 songs
15. Enjoy a relaxing Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
16. Watch a Youtube tutorial over something you've been wanting to learn
17. Download Duolingo & start learning a new language!
18. Try a new restaurant in your city
19. Leave super awesome Yelp/Facebook reviews for places you loved in 2017
20. Embrace National Cheese Day on January 20th with some mac & cheese!
21. Get out of the house & go to the art museum (for some spark in your creativity!)
22. Get a nice planner for 2018 & start making new plans/goals!
23. Find a new coffee shop that can be your go-to spot in the mornings!
24. Tip a little more than normal once - it's a new year, people can use the motivation!
25. Get a head start on Valentine's Day by shopping & decorating for the day of love
26. Plan a vacation for Spring time (preferably somewhere warm & tropical!)
27. Enjoy a day inside to yourself. Take a nap, a nice long bath, & meditate.
28. See Insidious: The Last Key (Or Molly's Game if you're not into horror movies)
29. Binge watch a new TV show
30. Call your parents to check in :)
31. Buy a journal & write an entry about all the things you accomplished, felt, & did this month!