1. Cancel all recurring monthly subscriptions you don’t use
2. Wait to splurge on that resolution “thing” until March: I want to take better of my skin in 2020, so obviously, I have a list of 50+ expensive beauty items to purchase to do so. While I’m tempted to press “add to cart” and spend all my Christmas money, I told myself I would wait to splurge on said products if I can stick with a routine until March. I recommend you do the same.
3. Go to one networking event, social gathering, or class/seminar in January
4. Clean out your fridge/bathroom/make-up station/etc.: Don’t wait for spring, do an NYE clean!
5. Schedule time for your personal life outside your work life
6. Plan to do a no-spend week one week out of each month
7. Make a list of goals for the year
8. Get a dentist + doctor checkup within the next 1-2 months: Making sure you’re healthy on the inside is essential! Please make an appointment now so you won’t put it off! Don’t have health insurance? Look for coupons on Groupon, New Year specials, and public health clinics to find an affordable way to get a basic checkup.
9. Build healthy boundaries with toxic friends, family, etc. now: It’s hard to do, but SO worth it.
10. Start the morning of 2020 by doing one healthy/inspiring activity: You know that new trend where expectant mothers give birth in the dark among candlelights while getting their chakras aligned? Afterward, the couple holds their newborn completely naked, so their baby experiences skin-to-skin contact, which gives the baby calmness as their first impression of this world. No? Just Me? Anyways, like a newborn baby entering the world, we are entering a new year. & while it’s certainly not as riveting, it is important to start on a good note. Drink a glass of water, send a friendly text, align your chakras.
11. Make it a goal to eat at least one meat-free, healthy meal each week: I was Vegan a few years ago, and while I have since gone back to eating animal products, I am so grateful for those months because I learned to LOVE vegetables. I know many people would say that sounds insane, and they would immediately leave this post. However, it’s the truth! It’s amazing how little changes can impact your diet, starting at just one meal a week.
12. Start speaking better to/of yourself and loved ones: Nobody likes a naysayer
13. Take more pictures on an actual camera - trust me on this one
14. Read more
15. Do one thing each month that is outside your comfort zone
16. Sell any unused/old items & use that cash to either pay off a bit of debt or add to your savings account
17. Make this year a little bit more about you & what you want
18. Create a calming playlist & listen to it when you need to study, clean, or get tasks done
19. Spend one day in January doing something you’ve wanted to do - the catch? Do it solo!
20. Don’t be too hard on yourself to change, but do have an uplifting outlook for 2020
PREVIOUS NEW YORKER
WRITER + BLOGGER
NOT AN INFLUENCER
THE MACEY LYNN
Disclosure: TheMaceyLynn is part of an affiliate advertising program. If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site (or any related social media platforms) I may make a commission from that purchase. All opinions are my own. Photographs taken are my own work.
TheMaceyLynn is a Chicago based lifestyle, fashion, and travel blog developed to inspire.